The Wellbeing Driven Economy
A new economic system, based on technology
A proposal for a system to
"make, and keep, humans happy",
while taking care of the environment
(that is: assisting people to enjoy a life with wellbeing,
while respecting the environment)
People are dying, and getting sick, because of bad living practices harming our wellbeing.
Let us propose, and explore, a new economic system, to directly improve society wellbeing.
We could combine: life sciences, engineering, and economics,
to propose a new way to organize (coordinate) society, and improve its aggregated wellbeing.
We leverage human centered Artificial Intelligence.
This ideas could disrupt, not the industry, but the economy!
I came to this idea out of my own suffering.
I sincerely hope we all manage
to live better lives,
now and in the future
Achieve a positive impact on the humankind, by contributing to enable a society in which hopefully everyone enjoys a life with wellbeing and life satisfaction
We want to build an ecosystem around this idea, to see it mature and grow. That's why your contributions, and support, are so important.
Let us write in advance:
A sentence by Gandhi
(in a fridge magnet)
It's not about not working nor studying.
Working and study, in the right amount,
also make us happy.
It's about finding the right balance
in our lives!
A very general version
for the proposed system
A proposal for a system to
"make, and keep, humans happy"
1. Summarizing, The Wellbeing Driven Economy proposes a vision, and gives the first insights, for some systems to "make, and keep, us happy".
2. We acknowledge that the proposed systems are very complex, but we also think that they are very important, given that they deal with the problem we have been facing during our whole human history: how to best improve our wellbeing?
3. If this initiative is successful, it will lead us to enjoy our free time, and our life in overall, way much better!
4. The proposed systems could coordinate and unify humankind even more! Peaceful and happy times will hopefully come and endure!
5. The proposed systems are examples of “human centered” artificial intelligence.
6. Note that the systems input is given by the users’ state, that is, the users are the ones who influence how to live. The systems are just tools to efficiently coordinate ourselves.
7. The proposed systems offer an alternative to handle the jobs lost due to e.g. the automation trends.
8. Instead of the promise to have progress to eventually reach happiness (Progress ⇒ Happiness?), we are proposing here to change the approach, and achieve happiness and wellbeing in order to maximize progress (Happiness and wellbeing ⇒ Progress (maximization?)).
9. If we manage to successfully carry out this initiative, we will not disrupt the industry, but the economy.
10. So far we do not claim that this is the way to go, just that this is a way totally worth exploring!